- Department Overview
- Academy of Chemical Engineers
- Chemical Engineering Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty, Staff & Resources
GLENN ELDON BRAND
BS ChE 1939, MSM
After graduating with his BS, Glenn worked for the Cerro de Pasco Copper Corporation in Peru as a Junior Metallurgist from 1939-1942. From 1942-1947, he was with the U.S. Coast Guard as an Engineering Officer and Chemical Warfare Officer during World War II. Glenn then returned to the University where he obtained his master's degree while also working in the department of Chemistry as an Instructor and later in the Chemical Engineering Department as an Assistant Professor. From 1956 - 1972, Glenn was Group Leader in the Atomics International Division with Atomics International in Los Angeles, California, currently known as Rockwell International. Glenn was a member of the American Nuclear Society, the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical & Petroleum Engineers, and the Scientific Research Society of America. The Glenn & Janet Brand Endowment Fund has been established for support to the Department of Chemical Engineering. He and his wife Janet have been OGS members since 1989, when he also attended his 50-year reunion. They are now residing in his birthplace of Steelville, Missouri. Glenn was inducted into the Academy in 1998.